Changing your hotmail password is an inevitable task and very recommended for the protection of your account. When you change your password, you also change the whole password of other Microsoft services you are using. If you are planning to change this info, you might need the following steps as an advice in doing the process.
1. Primarily, find the browser wherein you input the internet site of Hotmail. In the browser, input www.hotmail.com to open Hotmail.com login page.
2. Sign in to your account through your own personal username and password in the respected fields and next just click “Sign In” option.
3. When you are right now inside the page of one’s account, click the drop-don arrow which will be located on the top-right part next to your name. Decide on the “Account” on the drop-down list displayed on the screen.
4. By the Overview tab, look underneath the page which you see the Password and Security Info. Select the “Change password” option to start out modifying your password.
5. Input first the existing password which you have on the account. Subsequently, input and also the newest password you intend to have for your own personal account. Re-enter your new password. Make sure you hit the “Save” button to save your current password.
What to Remember Before Changing Your Account Password
- Your password must not be any personal information that people can read and people know about you such as your name, birthday, anniversary, and many more. This info is very easy to be guessed. You can combine letters, special characters and numbers.
- Password should at least be more than 7 characters. The longer the better because they offer great security in protecting your private and important details which can be found on your account such as credit card information.
Visit www.hotmail.com and explore more to get info about the webmail service.